Volunteer for Bottlerock
BottleRock Napa Valley Volunteer Application 2013
Volunteer Process has re-opened!
Read below and then Click here to volunteer.
As a festival volunteer, you will have a chance to support this great festival in a variety of areas: promotions, greening, customer service, production, communications, and more. To thank you for your time, all volunteers who complete their committed hours will receive a pass to enjoy a day of music.
To get started, complete the volunteer application form and submit it. We’ll start reviewing applications as soon as possible and will continue accepting volunteers on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
We’re sure you have questions about volunteering with BottleRock Napa Valley 2013. Please read the FAQ’s and application carefully to find out more. If you have further questions, feel free to get in touch with us.
When is BottleRock Napa Valley? May 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12th. The volunteer period may start as early as March 1st and run through Monday, May 13th. In the application form you will have the ability to let us know which shifts you are available to work.
What is the time commitment? Each volunteer will be required to work two volunteer shifts (around 5-6 hours long) during the dates of May 8 – 13th.
How are the volunteers selected? We select our volunteers based on a number of criteria, including but not limited to: skills, interest, enthusiasm and experience. Please fill out the application attached as completely as possible. Many of you have already done the Survey Monkey questionnaire; however we do need you to complete this application form to determine the best fit.
Is there an age requirement? You must be at least 18 to volunteer
How many positions are there? We will be utilizing 500+ volunteers over this five day period
What do I get for volunteering? In addition to getting to see the inner-workings of a premiere festival, each volunteer will receive entrance to one day of music events. You’ll have at least one day with no volunteer commitments so that you can take advantage of this ticket. You’ll get a t-shirt and maybe even some other great freebies provided by our amazing sponsors
Is the there an application fee? Modeling after Wanderlust, Bonnaroo and Bumbershoots festivals, there is a $15 non-refundable application fee to submit and process your application and to cover the cost of your volunteer t-shirt. Additionally, we require that you keep a credit card on file with us until the completion of the festival. If you neglect to fulfill your scheduled volunteer duties, then your card will be charged $200, which is the cost of the festival passes provided to you. To date, Wanderlust has never had to charge anyone and we hope the same for BottleRock. We will contact you soon regarding a time to meet and understand what volunteering for BottleRock Napa Valley entails.
What are the volunteer roles?
Our volunteers fill a wide variety of roles. Here is a sampling:
- Street Team: Helping get the word out.
- Set up/Tear Down: This is everything to heavy lifting to putting up signage to fully tear down the event.
- Greeters: Welcoming guests to the festival grounds, pointing them in the right directions
- Greening: BottleRock Napa Valley is aiming to be a “zero waste” event. The green team will help keep the space clean and educate festival attendees about what items are recyclable, composted or put in the landfill.
- Information Booth: Answering questions for those that wander to the info booth
- Volunteer Office Team: working with the volunteer coordination team to help check in volunteers, staff them out to the proper locations and respond to staffing leads
- Floaters: As a floater, you fill the needs of the team when needed.
- Production Office: This is an office environment from taking out trash to data entry and all those type of office duties.
- Concierge: This is a hospitality driven team. Jobs TBD
- Logistics: This is a very detailed oriented team. Jobs TBD
- Production Crew: Working with our production crew to make the festival come to fruition. Jobs TBD